How We Help
The Yavapai Reentry Project (YRP) provides supportive services, information referrals, and mentor pairing for individuals returning to the community from incarceration. Providing these supportive services give individuals the guidance they need to empower themselves to achieve their goals. YRP also provides classes for families, friends, and community members.
Community Coach Program
Each participant may elect to enroll in the Community Coach program. This is a volunteer based program where the participant is matched with a volunteer in the community who has been trained to provide referrals, emotional support, and resources.
How Do I Qualify?
To be part of the Yavapai Reentry Project, you must be 18 or older and:
- Anyone who is or has been incarcerated is eligible
- Returning to a community in Yavapai County
To provide the best service possible, we recommend completing all necessary paperwork before your release.
Independent Referral Program
Participants looking for referrals and resources will be able to obtain information through the main office of the Yavapai Reentry Project.
- Resources to find housing
- Links to employment and job skill training opportunities
- Medical and health information
- Access to veterans services (if applicable)
- Links to education
- Links to substance abuse and mental health counseling
- Connection to religious communities
“The wonderful thing about it is that perfect strangers concern themselves with bettering their town by helping me better myself so I don’t have to go back [to prison].”